Saturday, July 12, 2008

Update

It's been a really long time since I have posted anything, so I thought I would give a little update.

I pretty much have this year all figured out. I had all new landscaping done back in May, so I was going to limit myself to what I was going to do. After a lot of thought, I figured I could come up with a new way of building my Mega Tree without having to put a hole in the ground. I plan on building a new support structure onto my base and just attaching the center pole to that. I plan on modeling it after Darryl's tree's. Still in the design stages, but I think I can make it work. I also plan on making what I am calling Mini Mega Trees. Basically they will be 6ft tall trees broken into 3 section, and each section will 3 colors (red, green and clear). Those are also going to be an easy build. I will also be making a PVC holder for my MR16 LED lights that will go under the eves of the house.

My biggest project is going to be a trolley that I would like to build. It will be put in the front of the house along the sidewalk and go back and forth along the front. It's not going to be a whole train like a lot of people build, but just a simple trolley that bounces back and forth. I am actually really excited about it. So far I have motors and the wheel assembly. I will be working on the drive train and the body in the next few weeks.

No comments: